Last Updated on
Hi, cutters family! In this tutorial, you will learn how to unzip files in Mac, Windows 10, 8 and 7. In other words, how to uncompress files in windows 10, 8 and 7.
All your purchases at Teesvg.com will be in a compressed format “zipped file”. Why? because compressed files can be transferred to you more quickly and efficiently than uncompressed files and they take up less storage space.
It’s better to use a pc or mac to download, extract and cut/print files than using a mobile.
How to extract zip files in Mac and Windows?
To open and extract your zipped file depends on the pc system that you use.
You can find your purchase in your browser in the Downloads folder. Double-click the zipped file to open it and the uncompressed files will be revealed. Then copy the files and save them to your desktop or any folder that you want.
For Windows 7, 8, 10:
First of all, if you use Windows 10, you have the choice to use or not a 3rd party program to unzip files. But if you use Windows 8 or 7, you have to download the free version of Winzip or WinRAR and install it on your computer.
1/ Using WinZip or WinRAR: (Recommended for all windows versions)
- Download the free version of Winzip or WinRAR and install it on your computer.
- Locate the zipped file that you have downloaded and you want to unzip (extract).
- right-click on the zipped file.
- click extract files.
- Choose the location that you want.
- press ok.
2/ Using windows 10 file extractor: (This option is not available in all windows 10 versions)
Locate the zipped file that you have downloaded and you want to unzip (extract).
- To extract a single file or folder, open the zipped folder, then drag the file or folder from the zipped folder to the location that you want.
- To extract all the contents of the zipped folder, one-click then right-click the zipped file, then select extract files, choose the location that you want and press ok.