Hi, Cricut cutters! Welcome to this Cricut Design Space Tutorial. You will learn how to use Cricut Vinyl for SVG Files.
Note: There’s a video tutorial at the end!
How to use Cricut design space?
STEP ONE: Buy and download SVG files for Cricut from our site
STEP TWO: Unzip the zip file with WinRAR or WinZip
– for mac users: In your downloads folder, double click the zipped folder to unzip it. The files will be extracted in the same location as the zipped folder.
– for windows users: Right-click the zipped folder. Select Extract here and wait for the extraction process.
STEP THREE: Import SVG File in Cricut Design Space
– Log in to the Cricut Design Space
– Click the Create New Project + symbol button
– Click the Upload button in the bottom left of the screen
– Upload image
– Click the Browse button in the middle and locate the SVG that you want to import. You can also drag and drop the SVG there
– Once uploaded, click Save to finish uploading your file. You can rename your file or add tags if you want.
Here’s a video that shows you how.
STEP FOUR: Insert the image
Once uploaded, it will appear at the top of the Recently uploaded images. select the SVG and click on the insert images button.
STEP FIVE: prepare the SVG for cutting
The SVG file will appear on the blank canvas with multiple selectable layers in the right panel. You can resize it but changing the value of size width and height to fit well the canvas.
STEP SIX: Make the changes that you want (if any)
You can ungroup all the layers while having the group selected, so you can individually select each layer.
STEP SEVEN: Make it
– First, save your project by clicking the save button.
– Click the “Make It” green button at the top right of your screen.
The Design Space program will sort the images by color onto 12×12 mats. The images that you see on the mat will cut the same as they’re arranged. if needed, you can rearrange the images to fit well on your mat. You can also cut more than one image, by inputting the amount in the top left of your screen and then apply. Don’t forget that it’s possible to change the size of the material that you’re cutting from the drop left down menu.
STEP EIGHT: Ready to cut?
When you are ready, click the continue button in the bottom right of your screen. Choose a suitable material setting by using the dial on the machine or the drop-down menu if you have Cricut Maker. It’s better to set it one level higher than the material you’re using. Then, follow the on-screen prompts for loading and cutting your mats.
Video Cricut Design Space Tutorial:
Happy Cricut Vinyl Crafting!